With a deep experience that spans a thirty-year career, Jane is a talented and respected senior management consultant with clients in Newfoundland and Labrador, throughout Canada and into the United States. She has worked in virtually all sectors including health care, finance, energy, mining, academia, construction, information technology, municipal governance and tourism. She has also worked extensively with government and non-governmental agencies and industry associations.
Jane has earned the well-deserved reputation as a multi-skilled and seasoned executive consultant. This builds on her 14-year leadership role in education, research and communications functions with what was then known as the NL Hospital and Nursing Home Association. Jane is most frequently engaged for strategic planning, governance development and program and system reviews.
Illustrative examples of assignments include:
• Conducted the Provincial Ambulance Review (with Fitch & Associates) on behalf of the Department of Health and Community Services, Newfoundland and Labrador.
• Conducted a review of the extent to which Eastern Health has implemented the recommendations of the Commission of Inquiry on Hormone Receptor Testing.
• As the Team Leader and co-project manager with xwave, conducted a comprehensive business review of the Client Referral and Management System, an information system in use by community health professionals in Newfoundland and Labrador.
• Implemented a company-wide leadership development and coaching process for Champion Mortgage in New Jersey.
• Co-developed a series of case studies as a basis for corporate improvement for rapid deployment of technology-based consumer products for American Express Technologies, New York.
• Designed, led and reported on the first-ever Urban Municipalities Economic Development Summit which was acknowledged to be a tremendous success.
• Led stakeholder meetings and helped craft the province’s Tourism Strategy: Uncommon Potential, Vision 2020. Subsequently led sessions on behalf of the Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism Board.
• Conducted several business case studies and funding proposals for initiatives within Memorial University.
• Conducted a thorough analysis of factors impacting an optimal safety culture within a major shipping company.
• Led team retreats and engaged as a coach with Husky Energy East Coast Operations.
• Led strategic planning initiatives within several information technology firms, various professional and industry associations such as Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador, Triton Data, School of Nursing (Memorial University).
Jane is also a well sought after for her deep facilitation expertise for public and stakeholder consultation and engagement strategies. Illustrative examples include The Task Force on Workers’ Health, Safety and Compensation System (NL), the NL Research and Development Corporation, the Minister’s Advisory Committee on Child, Youth and Family Services, and Government’s Healthy Aging Framework and later for the proposed Adult Protection legislation. She also led a series of stakeholder sessions for the City of St. John’s Economic Roadmap and later for a budget consultation. Jane is frequently asked to lead, on a confidential basis, resolution of difficult Board, executive team and work group issues.
Jane has completed both undergraduate and graduate studies at Memorial University. In 1998, she completed a MBA at Queen’s University and in 2009, was granted the Certified Management Consultant designation by Certified Management Consultants – Canada. She is a Master Trainer for Facilitation Skills and has completed additional advanced facilitation skills and group process skills training.