Jean has the skills and abilities to bring meaningful value to communities, organizations and people. Using advanced research methods, she hones in on what is important in complex problems. She has the ability to translate research findings into consumable actions and feasible recommendations. With considerable depth in both quantitative and qualitative research methods, Jean has worked on projects covering the areas of customer/client satisfaction, new product development, creative testing, evaluation and corporate branding for both private and public sector clients.
Since joining Jane (Helleur) Pardy as a fulltime consultant in 2005, Jean has been frequently engaged in assignments ranging from program evaluation, strategic planning, organizational and system reviews, small and large group facilitation. She is a master in report writing, including scientific writing.
Illustrative examples of assignments include:
• Designed and facilitated a series of public consultations on behalf of the Disability Policy Office, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador. A comprehensive report was prepared of the findings, which formed the basis of the province’s inclusion strategy for persons with disabilities.
• Engaged by the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC) on a variety assignments including preparing and editing the Colorectal Cancer Quality Indicators Report and preparing the Pan-Canadian Lung Cancer Screening Framework.
• Engaged by Thrive, Community Youth Network St. John’s to consult with stakeholders and clients as a means of developing their strategic planning process.
• Designed and implemented the evaluation framework of the Eat Great and Participate Program for four consecutive years.
• Engaged by Eastern Health’s Cancer Care Program for the development and evaluation of a pilot patient navigation program for breast cancer patients.
• Designed and facilitated a two-day session entitled ‘Creating a Community Response to Elder Abuse’ for the Seniors Resource Centre.
• Designed and facilitated a two-day session for the Caregivers Network, Seniors Resource Centre.
Jean is a past Board Chairperson of Lakecrest, St. John’s Independent School and a former member of the Stella Burry Foundation (2008-2012). She is also pursuing the Certified Management Consultant Designation. A native of Newfoundland, she has a Masters of Science in Social Psychology from Memorial University, as well as a Bachelor of Science (Honours) with a major in Psychology from Memorial University. Both her Honours and Masters theses focused on the psychosocial aspects of breast cancer.